Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stitches and Craft

I spent the day yesterday at Stitches and Craft. Unfortunately no photos were allowed, which is a shame as there was so much to see. I went last year and I thought this year was just as good, the incubator section was bigger and that was where I spent most of my time (and money). Unfortunately I didn't get to try any of the free craft bars as they were always too busy and I'm not very good at waiting...

I did a fantastic stencil printing workshop run by Ink and Spindle and printed a couple of tea towels. I'll be back with some pics later. I'm planning on going along to one of their open studios as I'd love to see how they print on a large scale. The workshop was run by Lara from Harvest Textiles who was a great teacher. I'm definitely going to do some more printing at home.

As predicted I bought far too much at the show...including an overlocker! I've been thinking about purchasing one for ages and got the Janome 8002DX. I'm so excited about finally having one. I'll be back with pics of my other purchases later but I got a couple of hand sewing and knitting projects for me to take to Sew It Together next week.

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all you mummys. We're off for a yum cha banquet in the City.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

That stencil printing workshop sounds fantastic. And, hooray for you, an overlocker, I got one mid last year and am still gaining confidence with it! Look forward to meeting you next weekend x