Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Doll Quilt Swap progress

I naively signed up to the doll quilt swap round 10 over on flickr. Now, there is no way that I would call myself a quilter but it is something I'd like to get better at. I have plans to make quilts for the kids and have made a couple of baby quilts as gifts. I decided that signing up to a swap where I just had to produce a mini quilt was the ideal way to start.

As the swap has progressed I have been constantly amazed with the talent of the group members. I have at times felt overwhelmed by their ability and my corresponding inability! They are such a supportive group though that I do feel my confidence has increased ten-fold as a result of the positive feedback I have recieved along the way.

Here's a little photo story of my progress...

Cutting...



Selecting...



Layout...



Stitching...



Embroidery...



And now I just have the quilting, binding and labelling left and I'll be done!

No comments: